Whenever you finish writing an article, or review copy written by your copywriter / freelance writer, you should always check its quality before publishing it.
SEO Writing Assistant analyzes your top 10 competitors in Google search for a target keyword, checks a piece of copy’s SEO potential, reading ease, tone of voice consistency, originality, and gives you actionable recommendations on how to improve it.
How can this be done?
- First, install the SEO Writing Assistant to your Google Docs using Google Workspace Marketplace or add it to your Microsoft Word using Microsoft AppSource. You can also add it as a WordPress plugin or access the tool directly in Semrush interface.
- Next, run the add-on, enter your target keyword(s) and click on the ‘Get recommendations’ button.
- Check your copy’s overall score. The score is a real-time metric, which is based on all the copy’s characteristics tracked by the add-on.
- Get tips on improving your copy’s quality.
The recommendations allow you to improve your content in terms of:
- SEO: enrich your text with semantically related keywords, make sure you don’t overuse your keywords, take care of alt attributes, ensure your links are not broken.
- Readability: adjust your copy’s readability to readers’ expectations, get recommendations on word count, optimize your title, make sure your text is easy to read, and using the active voice.
- Originality: check the total percentage of copied sentences in your text and identify original sources of content from across the internet.
- Tone of voice consistency: detect the most casual and most formal sentences that stand out from the overall text and make your text consistent, and check your content for filler words and phrases.
You can also use the Rephraser feature to save time on rewriting short pieces of text. For example, you and your writers can leverage its AI algorithms to repurpose pieces of text for different channels and improve text quality.
Using SEO Writing Assistant, you can see how well your article complies with recommendations based on analysis of your top search rivals, and optimize your content faster and easier:
- Learn exactly how you can improve your article’s quality by analyzing different types of metrics and by following the tool’s recommendations.
- Assess your copywriter’s or freelancer’s work in a few clicks (if the article’s score is low, ask them to rewrite it by following the SEO Writing Assistant recommendations).
- Get useful tips on how to optimize your copy for your target keywords to generate more organic traffic and to attract your target audience.
- Fine-tune your copy’s readability according to your reader’s expectations to keep their attention (make sure that your readability score matches with the article’s type and your target audience profile).
- Maintain your brand’s tone of voice in each content piece to make all your brand communication consistent (try to rewrite sentences that stand out from the overall tone of voice of your copy).
- Make sure the content you publish is fully original in order not to get penalized by Google (use the Plagiarism checker to identify copied sentences in your article and rewrite them).
Once you’ve finished improving your article it's now time to publish it.